Saturday 19 February 2011

A Second Opinion

Some days I feel a bit of a fraud.  After all, someone who can manage an eight mile hike (see BOOTboys) can’t be that ill, can they? 

Then I remind myself that the problem is in the brain, not the body.  There are two practical manifestations of this.

The first is that I get occasional very strange feelings in my head.  They don’t last long, just a few seconds, but they are not pleasant.  Fortunately they have been getting less intense, shorter and rarer.

The second is the confusion that I face from time to time when asked even a simple question.  It is as if some of the links in my brain have broken.  Then, after a few moments puzzlement, the link is usually re-established.

My consultant has referred me to one of his colleagues for a second opinion on the cause of the problems.  I see him on Tuesday and will report further in due course.

Don, 19th Feb 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment