Thursday 10 February 2011

Nearing The Diagnosis

Firstly, Margaret and I would like to thank the very many of you who, one way or another, have been in touch to express your concerns and best wishes for the problems we are experiencing.  It has been a quite humbling yet motivating process to receive so many expressions of goodwill.


Things have moved forward somewhat this week.  We had a very constructive meeting on Wednesday with a consultant neurologist who has helped us better to understand what has been happening inside my brain.  Some more tests are needed to confirm his diagnosis and we will report further when this has happened.


Each day has given me a greater realisation of what has been going on.  I now understand that on Sunday 23rd January I had a fit and that the subsequent hospitalisation was as a direct result. Fortunately, both Jamie and Emma (plus Luca) were able to come home whilst I was in hospital to help out and take some of the load off Margaret.  I also realise that my clarity of thought and understanding a week ago was considerably less than it is now!


One frustrating aspect for me is that the fact of the fit means that, for the time being, I am not allowed to drive!  However, I seem to have my wits back and am able to get on with things, even if they are taking rather longer than they would do normally.  I am in good spirits and greatly encouraged by the support I have received from so many, for which my grateful thanks.


Don

No comments:

Post a Comment